Friday, July 01, 2011

Today I had a glimpse into a dark wonderland I've always been a MASSIVE fan of Simon Kirk but today going into his studio had a strange physical affect on me, between the breathlessness I readily get in the face of aesthetic pleasure and a feeling where looking really looking at the edges and surfaces makes my eyes want to burst with the level of information being offered. He has a way of manipulating his materials that creates a multi layered surface with depth and interest without it merging into a 1 dimensional accumulation.He maintains interest, content and wit by offering remnants of an image or text within a freedom of expression that I am truly jealous of and left me with a tear in my eyes.
Thankyou Simon

No comments:

Reform's Fan Box

Reform on Facebook

Blog Archive

C:\Users\User\Documents\My Projects\Gloria Blue